• The dates for the check-ups are usually too early for premature babies. In addition, preemies often have much to catch up on.
• Therefore, we offer additional check-ups for premature babies and children at risk.
• You can also perform necessary ultrasound examinations and administer Synagis.
• The check-up examinations (yellow examination booklet) are detailed examinations of the stage of development of your child.
• Each study has other priorities: physical health, development, language, hearing, vision, etc.
• Please always bring the prevention booklet, the vaccination book and the insurance card.
• We usually start with a small questionnaire to get some important information about your child.
• Measuring and weighing is always part of it.
• There is always time to ask questions during and after the check-up, investigation questions, general development, speech, hearing, sighting, etc. (some parents make a small note before they forget anything).
• In the Rgel you will be reminded by the aftercare center in Homburg of the preventive appointments. We then give the feedback back to the aftercare center.
• Forget any precaution? The Federal Association of Paediatricians offers an electronic reminder (to your e-mail address): http://www.kinderaerzte-im-netz.de/aerzte/vortkamp/erinnerungstermine.html
• The development of your children is very important to us. Even after initial problem-free development in the first few months or years, individual problems may arise.
• Developmental and intelligence tests, specific tests (Bayley II, pre-school test, school test, perception test, spelling and calculation test) and others sometimes help to better choose further funding or the right school.
An overview should give the following table. Of course, examinations are varied according to clinical findings.
The check-ups (U’s) and vaccinations are carried out by the pediatrician / family doctor. Dates calculated according to chronological age.
We offer the preemie examinations (F1 – F9), calculated according to the corrected age (after ET). Synagis immunizations are performed during the winter months.
The preemie examinations:
For all preemie examinations includes:
Measurement of body weight, body length, head circumference, diet, stool and urine, sleep, general problems.
If necessary, in particular if a conspicuous finding has been found during previous examinations, further examinations may also be carried out, e.g. Ultrasound examinations, blood tests, EEG etc.
||1. Examination after discharge from the clinic. Here, the current state of development is examined first. This includes the neurological and medical examination, the state of development, the question of nutrition and current medication. Development and physiotherapySchädelsonographie and kidney sonography
||In addition to the developmental examination ultrasound examinations can be carried out. Questions about nutrition, previous development and family life are in the foreground.
||At the age of 6 months, a child has already developed well. In premature babies, we look at how the development has been in recent months and whether the corrected age of about 6 months has already been reached.
||Many premature babies and their parents benefit from the 9-month corrected age study. Now the fontanelle will close soon, maybe another ultrasound examination can be done.
The first teeth are there? Sometimes that makes problems.
The monitor may have been running for 12 months now – settle or continue?
Development is progressing, what will be the next year? We discuss this with you.
||Time for a first interim balance. How far has your child developed? The first Bayley test should now be carried out to see how far the development has progressed and whether further funding is necessary and useful.
A language development test helps to start further funding if necessary.
||According to the decision of the GBA (Joint Federal Committee), all babies with a birth weight of up to 1500g should be carried out at 24 months.
We think this should be done on all preemies – regardless of birth weight – and at different times.
A language development test to classify language skills and, where appropriate, language learning is important at this age.
||If there are still developmental problems or linguistic delays that are not uncommon in premature babies, promotion should now be intensified.
In an inconspicuous examination, this gives you the assurance that “everything is alright”.
||At age 4, most children go to kindergarten. How does your child feel? Is it in good hands? We discuss these questions with you.
If there are special problems, fears, difficulties, I take the time to do so and we think about how we can handle this.
||Shortly before school starts, many parents are wondering whether enrollment is advisable or preferable to defer. With various investigations we can assist you with this decision competently.
A special pre-school test shows the language development, other studies the intellectual and social development.
ADHD: a topic also with preemie parents. Various investigations can help here to get more clarity.
• The development of premature babies and children at risk should be monitored regularly.
Preterm infants less than 1500g birth weight should be given a developmental test (Bayley II) at the end of the second year of life.