• You can not plan acute illnesses, usually they are inconvenient.
• We are also without an appointment for acute illnesses in the morning from 8.00 to 9.00 o’clock.
• Or you call, then we try to schedule a short term appointment (please schedule time).
• On Saturdays, you can call me by phone on the practice number for emergencies. You can reach me then by call forwarding at home or mobile.
With the rashes that’s a thing, they come all of a sudden, sometimes they itch, sometimes there is a fever, only: what could it be?
• Teething problems are often associated with a rash, sometimes the rash is very typical, so it is not difficult to recognize it.
• Sometimes teething troubles are just a pale or just a short rash. Then it is difficult.
• But even with allergies, we often see a rash, sometimes wheals, sometimes blisters, sometimes a flat redness. Almost always the rash itches.
• Many viral infections are associated with a rash. And this can take quite different forms, such as an allergy or a childhood disease. Sometimes we can only distinguish it later.
Diseases with rash:
• Teething problems are infectious diseases that are usually only given once in a lifetime, mostly as a child. There remains a long (mostly lifelong) immunity.
• An allergy is associated with itching and is not contagious.
• Many virus infections can make one or the other picture. They are contagious, itch sometimes, sometimes go away fast, sometimes only slowly.
An overview should give the following table. Of course, examinations are varied according to clinical findings.
The check-ups (U’s) and vaccinations are carried out by the pediatrician / family doctor. Dates calculated according to chronological age.
We offer the preemie examinations (F1 – F9), calculated according to the corrected age (after ET). Synagis immunizations are performed during the winter months.
The preemie examinations:
For all preemie examinations includes:
Measurement of body weight, body length, head circumference, diet, stool and urine, sleep, general problems.
If necessary, in particular if a conspicuous finding has been found during previous examinations, further examinations may also be carried out, e.g. Ultrasound examinations, blood tests, EEG etc.
||1. Examination after discharge from the clinic. Here, the current state of development is examined first. This includes the neurological and medical examination, the state of development, the question of nutrition and current medication. Development and physiotherapySchädelsonographie and kidney sonography
||In addition to the developmental examination ultrasound examinations can be carried out. Questions about nutrition, previous development and family life are in the foreground.
||At the age of 6 months, a child has already developed well. In premature babies, we look at how the development has been in recent months and whether the corrected age of about 6 months has already been reached.
||Many premature babies and their parents benefit from the 9-month corrected age study. Now the fontanelle will close soon, maybe another ultrasound examination can be done.
The first teeth are there? Sometimes that makes problems.
The monitor may have been running for 12 months now – settle or continue?
Development is progressing, what will be the next year? We discuss this with you.
||Time for a first interim balance. How far has your child developed? The first Bayley test should now be carried out to see how far the development has progressed and whether further funding is necessary and useful.
A language development test helps to start further funding if necessary.
||According to the decision of the GBA (Joint Federal Committee), all babies with a birth weight of up to 1500g should be carried out at 24 months.
We think this should be done on all preemies – regardless of birth weight – and at different times.
A language development test to classify language skills and, where appropriate, language learning is important at this age.
||If there are still developmental problems or linguistic delays that are not uncommon in premature babies, promotion should now be intensified.
In an inconspicuous examination, this gives you the assurance that “everything is alright”.
||At age 4, most children go to kindergarten. How does your child feel? Is it in good hands? We discuss these questions with you.
If there are special problems, fears, difficulties, I take the time to do so and we think about how we can handle this.
||Shortly before school starts, many parents are wondering whether enrollment is advisable or preferable to defer. With various investigations we can assist you with this decision competently.
A special pre-school test shows the language development, other studies the intellectual and social development.
ADHD: a topic also with preemie parents. Various investigations can help here to get more clarity.